Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I thought court was today it was yesterday now i have a

Customer Question
I thought court was...

I thought court was today it was yesterday now i have a bench warrent i need help

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

I had a theft by shoplifting under 30 now i have a nench warrent

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Ga

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Please help me i cant go to jail

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good morning, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is there anything to stop me from going to jail
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My health is not good

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Give me just a few minutes to finish typing up some information for you, thanks!

Since a bench warrant was issued, you have 2 options on how to handle it from here:

(1.) you can turn yourself into police custody, in which case they will execute an arrest, and you will be taken to jail, and will have to pay a bond amount to be released.

OR

(2.) you can hire a defense attorney to file a Motion to Quash Bench Warrant on your behalf - your attorney can clarify what occurred with the court, request that the bench warrant be quashed/ removed and have your case set for a new court date to be addressed.

If you choose to go with that option, you can contact the Georgia State Bar for a referral to a defense lawyer in your area.

The phone number is:

***-***-****

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions about this. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer replied 30 days ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!

Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer