Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I'm completing my motion to dismiss an order of protection,

I'm completing my motion...

I'm completing my motion to dismiss an order of protection, am the victim. I'm not sure what to put as the reason.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

He was arrested at the time. He had to do anger management classes, which he completed

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Everything is finished now. FL

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am wanting to reconcile with my husband

3/27/2018
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Why was it imposed in the first place?

My husband and I got into an argument/altercation and he was arrested. As part of his sentence, he had to complete anger management classes. I believe these have helped him control his temper. I want to give my marriage another try.
I wasn't sure how to word the "Requested Relief" and the section where I have to state specifically why I wanted the injuction modified

Thank you. In a situation like this, you need to show you are no longer in fear for your safety or think you will be harmed. The goal is to convince the Judge you are not at risk or in danger any longer and that you can reconcile and live together again. The last thing the Judge wants to do is lift this and something happens, so you need to try and show him that there would be no reason for this to happen and the treatment and help he received, will now allow him to better handle the situation and you are not worried.

This may seem like a silly question but how can I say that I believe we can live together again when I'm not supposed to have any contact with him? How would I know that unless we had been communicating?

Exactly, which is why you need to be smart about your response. The goal is to show you are no longer in fear or that he does not pose a threat and that possible what was alleged in the report, did not happen, as stated.

Ok thank you so much for your help. Have a nice day.

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty