Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Is it illegal to record a conversation with someone in

person Without them knowing?...
Is it illegal to record a conversation with someone in person Without them knowing?
3/27/2018
LegalPro54
LegalPro54, Lawyer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to answer your question.

In what state is this occurring?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Kansas or Missouri

Thank you.

Both Kansas and Missouri follow the "one party consent" rule with regard to audio recordings. This rule holds that if it at least one person to the conversation consents to it being recorded (and that can be the recorder themselves, if they are a party to the conversation), then the recording will be lawful.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

* Disclaimer *

Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.

LegalPro54
LegalPro54, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Fantastic news. Thank you.

I'm very glad I could answer your question. Take care and good luck to you.

LegalPro54
LegalPro54
LegalPro54, Lawyer