Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Just got first dui on March

Customer Question
Just got first dui on March
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/27/2018
Criminal Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Law Professor replied 2 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Law Professor

Sorry to hear this. YOu need a criminal defense lawyer who specializes in DUI, because they may be able to argue that the evidence is not valid and get all charges dropped against you. That is the first line of attack, and it often works in your favor.

Please rate five stars ***** and by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is always appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

I want to weither that hamper my H1B Visa or not

It should not affect your visa situation, but you want to get a criminal defense lawyer so that you do not get the conviction and have to pay the fines.

But my real question is my company is about to file H1b this first week of April 2018, my dmv hearing date is April*****hearing date. Will this hamper my H1B Visa approval?
Criminal Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
I see you requested a new professional.I am sorry you are having to deal with this. It may result in a delay because it may trigger a 221g administrative processing for physician exam in regards ***** ***** alcoholism.So it depends on the particular agent.A criminal attorney with experience in immigration law can be helpful. A dismissal is ideal since expungements are useless for immigration purposes.
I just got inappropriate answer, would you clarify, my company is about to file h-1b this April first week and my hearing date is in April 22nd, and my court date is May 2018, will that hamper my case , I don’t want to hire dui attorney

It will depend on the particular agent assigned to the case as that is discretionary.

The relevant code is here:

https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/SLB/HTML/SLB/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-29/0-0-0-5118.html