Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have pending charges that will likely be dismissed. The…

I have pending charges...

I have pending charges that will likely be dismissed. The charges are in Ohio and I live in KY. I am interviewing for a position and was wondering if the pending charges will show up on the background check

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you charged with exactly? Do you have any upcoming court dates?

It was a work related case of tampering with records and forgery I have a grand jury hearing coming up I have no record prior

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the forgery occur?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The amount of money is less than 500 yet they are calling this a felony

3/27/2018
Barrister, Criminal Defense Law

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

I am interviewing for a position and was wondering if the pending charges will show up on the background check

.

Yes, they will show up unfortunately as pending charges. And it will show up as a pending felony charge is that is what they decided to initially charge the offense as.

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.

Thank you. If I end up with a diversion will it show up while in diversion?

It will show up during the diversion program as a pending charge, but then with a successful completion, the charge is dismissed and the judge typically orders the record expunged so it is wiped clean from your record entirely so any employer wouldn't see it on a background check..

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much

Hi. Since this happened at work, is my former employer allowed to disclose this to all current employees and to any new prospective employers?

Unfortunately, since this is publicly available information, your employer has no legal duty of confidentiality regarding this... So yes, they could legally disclose anything about this since it is public information..

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the title and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Thank you