Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I missed my jury duty today. Even though I had a reason to,

I did not call and...
I missed my jury duty today. Even though I had a reason to, I did not call and inform them prior.What do I do now ??
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
INFOLAWYER, Lawyer
Are on a jury panel or just in general pool?
General
Less serious. Appear tomorrow and explain your absence. Likely will get an added day. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Ok.. do I have to go in or is calling alright ?The court is far from me
I would call and see when they want you back!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Ok thank you ! But I can't get in real serious legal trouble over this ?
Very welcome. It was a mistake and nothing intentional. Apologize and ask when can reschedule.Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
INFOLAWYER, Lawyer