Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

How do you go about someone held Abeyance and been locked up…

Customer Question
How do you go...

How do you go about someone held Abeyance and been locked up for 19 years and his leagle right is not being unforced

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

They don't have a Court date he is doing day at a time was give 60 years

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Ind

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't know what to do or ask I really need help

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/26/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Was he convicted after trial or did he take a plea? Did he appeal his case? Please explain what you mean by “held abeyance.” What is your question about this situation?

I am the Mother of Kevin V Williams the Lawyer told my Son he needs to plead agility because a new law was coming out where you do 85 percent of your time my Son plead Guilty then he said he didn't do the crime and they said it would be held Abeyance And he has been locked up every since

Can you clarify this for me a bit. How long after pleading guilty did he claim he didn't commit the crime? Was it before or after sentencing? If before, who is the "they" that said it would be held in abeyance, and what has he done within the last 19 years to address that?