Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Can I get a license for my conveinent store for a beer

Customer Question
Can I get a...

Can I get a license for my conveinent store for a beer license with a felony?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

Probably may dui felony we talkin of oklahoma

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to an Oklahoma lawyer about this yet?

No

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/26/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 3 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Unfortunately, no. One thing your state seems firm about is that you cannot obtain a liquor license with a felony conviction. It doesn't matter how old the felony or how serious, whether it was violent or non-violent. The answer's going to be "no."

The authority for the restriction comes right from your state Constitution, Article 28 Section 10. There's an article about this here from the General Counsel of Oklahoma's ABLE Commission:

https://www.ok.gov/able/ABLE_Commission_News___________________________________________/index.html

And you can see more in section 45:10-3-2 of the ABLE Commission's regulations here:

https://www.ok.gov/able/documents/Alcoholic%20Beverage%20Administrative%20Code%20Includes%20Charity%20Games.pdf

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.