Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Can I change a 18 U.S.C. 922 by sealing court proceeding.

Can I change a...

Can I change a 18 U.S.C. 922 by sealing court proceeding

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

1991 conviction 400$ restitution

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a SC lawyer about this yet?

SC what is that

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not sure

3/26/2018
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

Sealing? No. You have to have the conviction expunged or pardoned. Only then will it void the conviction in the eyes of federal law. 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(20) and (a)(33).

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved rudeness or wrong information. Please be kind!

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Ely, Counselor at Law