Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

If i get a bonds person to bond someone out of jail in ct ca…

Customer Question
If i get a...

If i get a bonds person to bond someone out of jail in ct ca n i revoke their bond if they do something wrong again

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

Charges are violation of probation court date is 4-17-18

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Conn

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She wants to go to rehabe says if she dont i can revoke her bond can i do this

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
Criminal Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 27 days ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

A few mins please

This depends on your contact with the bondsman. But for most bail bond agreements, if you post bond, you have NO right to revoke the bond. This is because it is actually the bondsman that provides the bond to the state....you are paying the bondsman for this service...so unless your contract specifically provides you this right? You can not revoke the bond

This is the part of my job I don't like...when the law is not in favor of my customer. I wish I could tell you that you can unilaterally revoke the bond, but I can only provide you information based on the law so that you can act on the best available information to you...I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Lawyer