Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My dad was arrested on Wednesday with battery and first

Customer Question
My dad was arrested...

My dad was arrested on Wednesday with sexual battery and first degree rape he was offered a plea if he plead guilty to the assault the rape will be dropped .. he didn’t agree bc he said it wasn’t true in the write up it says it’s was just a complaint of sexual battery . But he was charged with both and bond is 225 k dollars what can we do ? We don’t have 27 k to get him out nor do we have land to put up . All of this cake about after being asked for a divorce and he didn’t want one the person with the charges on his is his oldest step daughter witch is Disabled and can’t rememwbr an hour ago . She’s now saying he has raped her for 2 years . Please help

Lawyer's Assistant: Does he have any upcoming court dates on the charges?

Rape kit came back clear and his court date hasn’t been set yet

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Louisiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No prior charges to this

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/26/2018
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 29 days ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Do you know if he asked to be appointed the public defender when he went before the Judge for a bond to be set?

Ely, Counselor at Law