Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My fiance is serving 30 days in county jail and he sounded…

Customer Question
My fiance is serving...

My fiance is serving 30 days in county jail and he sounded not like himself on his last call. When I asked to have him checked on they said they would look in to it and when I did a follow up call they said they can't release any information on his well being even to his grandma. Is this true or could they be violating something by not letting his grandma know his well being?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

He is scheduled to be released April 4th

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Kansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's all

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 day by:
3/27/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 3 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Health records are privacy-protected. They cannot give out the information, even to a loving grandmother. They would be violating the law if they did tell you.

Contact his lawyer who can visit him and see him in person and make sure there are no issues that can't wait until his sentence is complete.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.