Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I was arrested for trespassing. Florida

Customer Question
I was arrested for...

I was arrested for trespassing

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the trespassing charges?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the trespassing occur?

Florida

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
I was arrested for trespassing me and my wife after a arguement with are neighbors the cops came out 3 times my wife and his wife was arguing from yard to yard never went on property till the last time cops came she went over to talk and ask her what her problem was n wgy she called the cops twice i notice she was gone after me useing the bathroom walk over to get her to come back home she came with me and the cops showed for the 3rd time an toke us both to jail
I have trail in 5 hrs
Do i have a chance on winning trail i wasnt caught on property and only went to get my wife back home
They did lie and say we both xame together knocking in the dr saying to come out n fight which wasnt the case when i walk up i can hear my wife asking what was her problem the husband told her to just go home then i open tge porch dr and tell my wife to go home and we both left
I do have a pd but he seems to not wanna help me and irs my word against theres
3/26/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Give me just a few minutes to finish typing up some information for you, thanks!

Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

Answer:

Yes -- if the officers cannot testify that you were physically found on the property and if you and your wife's re-telling of the events that night are different than the allegations, then yes, you have enough for reasonable doubt and possibly being found not guilty.

The same goes for your wife's case -- if the officers cannot testify that they found her on the neighbor's property, and you two have differing testimony than the allegations, then it is enough for reasonable doubt to be created and to potentially be found not guilty by a jury.

If there is physical evidence, such as pictures or video surveillance, showing you or your wife on their property, then that of course would make a not guilty much more difficult to obtain.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions about this. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!