Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

How can I get my son out of jail? The next court date is

Customer Question

How can I get my son out of jail?
JA: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: Yes. The next court date is 4/2/2018
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: Texas
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He is charged with: retaliation & harassment of a public official. He is bipolar and he ran out of medication
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 7 months ago.
Has bail been set?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He was expected to Texas from Chicago. No bond has been sent. He is a disabled veteran who is being treated for bipolar at the VA hospital in Chicago. He we expected to Texas from Chicago on 3/17/2018. Texas had a hearing for him in October 2018 that he
he is in the process of being extradited?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
They had a hearing without his knowledge and wrantts were issued without his knowledge.
If they are in the process of extraditing him back then you are not going to be able to bail him out until he gets back to Texas. Unfortunately Chicago will not Grant bail since they are holding him on some sort of Warrant. You can try to contact the Texas court before he gets there to see if they would be willing to Grant bail but odds are nothing will be able to be done before that early April date