Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have a question I live in texas austin and go a ticket for…

I have a question...

I have a question I live in texas austin and go a ticket for disabled parking violation If ipay the ticket will it show on my record?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Can I request withhold of adjudication

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Austin, texas If I pay the parking violation ticket than I would not need to appear in court

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

?

3/25/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

It is a parking ticket, not a criminal violation or traffic citation, so it will not go on your driver's record, it will just be a paid parking ticket. If you pay the ticket it will not require a court appearance.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

it won't go on my record as a class se misdemeanor. If I pay the ticket it says that I am doing no contest.

Thank you for your reply.

If you simply plead no contest, it does go on your record in Austin as a class C misdemeanor. HOWEVER, if you use a local attorney to represent you and go to court, the attorney in most every one of these cases will get you what is called a "deferred disposition" and that would allow you to pay the approximately $500 fine but it would allow the charge to be removed from the records upon completion.

So, you would get it off your record, but it requires more than a no contest plea, it requires you to get a deferred disposition.

Will this go on my criminal record? I am very anxious about this situation.

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, if you plead no contest, it will go on your criminal record. If you plead not guilty and make a deal for a deferred disposition, you can keep it off your record.

I looked on the Austin gov website I can plea no contest and get a deferred disposition by filling a form and tht should take care of it showing on my records correct?

Thank you for your reply.

You need to fill out the deferred disposition when you enter the no contest. Once your deferred disposition is done, you would be able to remove it from your record, yes.