Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My son was due to be released 14 days ago from Wells County…

Customer Question
My son was due...

My son was due to be released 14 days ago from Jim Wells County Jail. He waived his rights to a jury trial and entered a plea agreement and signed by Judge Terrell. I was told by his attorney that someone made an error in his calculating his time. He has not been brought to court to explain the error and never was given a copy of his court documents. I just paid and had them emailed to me. I believe his civil rights are being violated. What can we do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

No other charges or court date. This was to satisfy the the court with a plea agreement to serve time in custody versus paying a high fine.

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Also, that he should have credit for time served in another county. Thank you.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 3 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Has he been sentenced yet? Does he have a lawyer?

instead he entered a guilty plea and was given his sentence on the same date. January 18th. Yes, he has a court appointed attorney.
My question is does he have a civil rights violation case???
Hello Zoey? I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. Are you there?