Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My husbands ex wife reported me to CPS for "emotional abuse"

Customer Question
My husbands ex wife...

My husbands ex wife reported me to CPS for "emotional abuse" of her daughter. We went through an investigation and were found not guilty. Now I have found electronic evidence that the ex wife and daughter had a plan to do this, among other things. Is there anything that I can do so she can be held accountable for her actions?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Texas

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/25/2018
Criminal Lawyer: PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

You can report her back to CPS for filing false report and CPS put a note on the record in case she files another false report.

You need to hold on to your evidence because that may come in handy in any custody/visitation modification she files with the Court because of the alleged "emotional abuse."

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.