Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I currently live in MA and am considering applying for a…

Good morning, I currently...

Good morning, I currently live in MA and am considering applying for a class A gun License. Back in 2008, I was charged with a DUI in PA but was accepted into the ARD program and never convicted of it. I was curious what I needed to disclose on the MA application around this as I never did actually in court as a defendant. My lawyer appeared for me at the arraignment

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the DUI charges?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the DUI occur?

PA

3/24/2018
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

While this is not considered a conviction, the fact of this charge should still be on your record unless you took affirmative steps to have it removed. Massachusetts will be able to find this. Answer the question on the application accurately according to the wording of it. You were not convicted of a crime but you were charged with one and it was later dismissed.

Zoey_ JD
the question "Have you ever appeared in any court as a defendant for any criminal offense (excluding non-criminal traffic offenses)? - That has to be 'yes'
Phone call session started

Will call shortly.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD