Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

About 11 years ago I called police in edge water

Customer Question
About 11 years ago...

About 11 years ago I called police in edge water fluoridation, to tell them that my mid-twenty year old daughter had”borrowed” a check from my checkbook and forged my name to get some cash. I was asked if I wanted to file charges and I said yes. I had no further contact with law enforcement other than to tell them I changed my mind. They said the matter had gone to state attorneys office. We never heard anymore about it until recently when she is applying for an apartment and was rejected because a felony is showing on her record for the bank fraud. She was never arrested, arraigned, or seen by a judge about this matter. My question is should that felony be on her record?

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the charges?

None and like I said this was 2007

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is there a charge for talking to one?

Lawyer's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Criminal Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

And how much is the rest?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/24/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 4 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Pk

If she was never arrested, photographed and fingerprinted for this case and the matter was never filed with the court, it should not turn up on her criminal history. I don't know why it's there, but clearly it should be looked into by a lawyer. It may actually be that she was charged and never got the notice and there's a warrant for example. Or it could have been filed and then nolled by the prosecutor.

It it's not an open case or conviction, it can be expunged from her record so that this does not happen to her again, and a lawyer can tend to that too for her.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.