Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I called my ex boyfriend probation officer and lied on him I…

Customer Question
I called my ex...

I called my ex boyfriend probation officer and lied on him I told them that he pays for his community service hours but it not true can I fix this situation if how

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

No charges have been filed they are investigating the lie

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is there a way I can fix this and will I get in trouble for lying

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/24/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

ma’am
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

You can potentially contact the PO and let them know that you were not telling the truth at the time you made that report.

However it most likely would not make a difference at this point.

The PO would not likely be sure what to believe, and would nonetheless have a duty to continue investigating the matter and verify whether your ex-boyfriend has in fact legitimately been completing his community service hours or not.

There really isn't any legal criminal trouble you can get into here.

It's not the same as making a false police report, perjury, or obstructing justice -- all of which can be charged as criminal offenses.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions about this. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!