Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I need to file an injunction barring a landlord of

Customer Question
I need to file...

I need to file an injunction barring a landlord of commercial property not to enter the premises. We have a lease.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

No none

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Connecticut

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The landlord has file eviction papers but has yet to be granted

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/23/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

How can I file an order with the court to stopthe landlord from entering the prenisis. He has no rights under the lease unless it is an emergcy yet he contiouse to go in and out. We are in the middle of an eviction this is connecticut
please refund my $5.00. I am not happy with your service

Hi, I'm actually typing up an answer now for you. I'm almost done. Would you like to see it?

I dont want to pay anymore money just give me an answer

I understand. It's likely you received a phone call request.

The system automatically asks if you want one, but there is no problem declining the request. One moment while I finish.

All residential leases and rental agreements contain an implied covenant of quiet enjoyment. Under the implied covenant of quiet enjoyment, it states that the landlord will not take any action or make any omission which disturbs a tenant’s right to possession and quiet enjoyment of the premises. The warranty does not protect the tenant from the acts of third parties over whom the landlord has no control. However, if the landlord does have control over the situation, but chooses to do nothing, then it is a violation.

To get an injunction, you have to file an underlying lawsuit that underlies the injunction. In this case, you can file your lawsuit for the violation of quiet enjoyment and also ask the court for an injunction. The court may hold a hearing to determine why you would like for this to happen, so be prepared. The other party may file an opposition as well.

Regardless, if you do those two things in your local civil court in the county where the property is, you can get the court's authority to keep them out.

What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

Hi, just wanted to check in to see if you had any questions about what I had put?