Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

What are the monetary damages that I can sue for being

Customer Question
What are the monetary...

What are the monetary damages that I can sue for being falsly acused of and exonerated of bullying and harassment? I am a Maintenance Supervisor.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the accusation with your HR staff? Or with a lawyer?

Yes I have been found not guilty by the investigation committee

Lawyer's Assistant: Is your employee "at will?" Does the employee belong to a union?

Yes union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can I bring suit for damages against the worker accuser the company or both?

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Criminal Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Lawyer replied 28 days ago
INFOLAWYER, Lawyer
You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available.You may seek to recover harm to reputation damages and costs.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Ely, Counselor at Law