Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My boyfriend and I both were picked up a couple weeks ago…

Customer Question
My boyfriend and I...

My boyfriend and I both were picked up a couple weeks ago for taking a 7.11 can of butane fro our local pilot .at our preliminary hearing said we were charged for theft under 1,000 while neither of us realized that's what the judge said at the time . I'm still on unsupervised probabtion for an indictment from 4 years ago my boyfriend is finally been off any type of probation for the first time in his life just a couple years ago. We are wondering if there is a way to beet this or what can we or what should we do.

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you convicted of exactly? Have all your appeals been exhausted?

I don't guess its been appealed at all we pleaded not guilty during the preliminary and seems we were convicted of theft under 1000

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the theft occur?

Tn

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There is a video te store gave the local police and when they came and picked us up at home for warrants on theft charges i muself was clueless because they did not have the warrants on their posseission they also did not read us our rights but we also would like to see the video showing how it is written up happened that way

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/23/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 5 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Defenses to a case are fact-specific. Please provide more details. What was the value of what you allegedly stole?

Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 4 months ago

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

The value was $7.11 total and I guess there is video of only him walking out the door as I watched him but there is more to the story it would probably be easier to talk on the phone

Phone calls are a premium service requiring an additional fee on top of what you've already paid. If you're interested in that, you should see some kind of an option on your screen for a call and once the funds have been approved the site would give me the authorization to call you.

I would have no problem speaking to you by phone, however it's 11 PM where I am and I am turning off the computer shortly and calling it a night. I would have to call tomorrow.