Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

We have just been informed that we employees who are

We have just been...

We have just been informed that we employees who are mandated to drive "transit" vans for our participants [we are on Oahu] will be placed into a random drug testing pool - that will include urine and breathalyzer... management won't show us the "paperwork"..... I can understand the urine................. breathalyzer???????????????

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the drug test with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Only with manager and our HR........ very little info ---- just say we have to comply.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

We sure wish we were in a union,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, at will --- non profit

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Pearl --- wish I knew the questions I should ask<>>> I ran a DOT trucking company in California for years <>>> we of course had a random drug testing program.................. what is with this breathalyzer? I'm at a loss.

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/23/2018
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Law Professor

In Hawaii, they are legally allowed to do such testing, as long as the testing is random and not directed at any one employee. The breathalyzer is to determine if you are under the influence of alcohol, which is a fast and easy test and reasonable to determine if you have been drinking since you should not be driving in such a condition.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Law Professor