Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

If there is a video of man being questioned by a detective…

Customer Question
If there is a video...
If there is a video of man being questioned by a detective who is suspected of indecent contact with a minor and man says he was asleep and didn't know his stepdaughter had joined he and his wife in their bed and detective ask him to submit to lie detector test and he declines can his attorney file a motion to suppress and successfully have the audio where there is mention of a lie detector test excluded or the voice suppressed?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/22/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your criminal procedure question this evening. I'm attorney Bill assisting you with your request.

Lie detector tests have not been found to be inherently reliable so your refusal to take one cannot be admissble against you in criminal trial.

Your lawyer can site the following case

Kugler v. State, 902 S.W.2d 594

Your lawyer can file a motion to request exclusion on this evidence or testimony on this issue.

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

In return your positive rating gives me a credit for my answer today.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated in this regard.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what is usually done with the video and it's audio. Do they delete where the detector is mentioned or order the audio off when it gets to the detector and then turn on again when it is no longer mentioned? And does the accused have a right to view the alleged victim's (stepdaughter) video statement prior to trial? And what about the outcry witness's video statements (mom & sister-in-law)?

This is a new question to your original.

The terms of service are one question and follow ups on that original question.

Please open up a new question and I will answer this new question.

In relation to my previous answer I see you are yet to rate positively.

I'm an independent legal expert and only get a credit after you leave positive feedback.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer