Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My wife and I were both charged by a police officer for

My wife and I...

My wife and I were both charged by a police officer for domestic violence. I never seen anything about it on the clerk of courts websites and the two months later I get arrested and there was a warrant out for me. Apparently the state decided to only pick up charges on me. I have a public defender and wanted to know if I can still pursue charges against her?

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the domestic violence charges?

Not yet but i bonded out and waiting on a court date. We live in Orlando , Fl

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a FL lawyer about this yet?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing I can think of, will thus cost me?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Ok, by the way I dont have any priors but my wife was just arrested may 2017 for hitting her dad and trying to kick a police officer and had a trespass from walmart in 2013 for shoplifting and some type of case in 2007 Chantal Page 1/2/1988

I do not know why if both of you were written up initially that the state decided to pursue only one of you. But they are standing behind your wife, despite the fact that both of you were involved and they were looking at both of you intiialy. So they are not going let you try to bring the same charges for this incident now. They've already decided that she should not be charged.

The fact that she has a history of violence does help give you a defense to this case. Your lawyer would be able to show that she has a history, that the police wrote her up too and that in actuality, she was the aggressor.

Zoey_ JD
Phone call session started

Calling shortly.

My name Is***** dob 02/23/1982