Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Does the court have to show both charges a person was

Customer Question
convicted of, or can the...
Does the court have to show both charges a person was convicted of, or can the court pick and choose which offense will be reflected , to make the accused look bad because the actual charges were quite petty and most lawyers believe this should not have been a court case.
The store was not the complaintant. Actually, the store was on our side.
The store was not complaining and they said they owned the private property and the security guard was not employed by them.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Criminal Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
RobertJDFL, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Good afternoon,

Unless a record is sealed by a court (something that is very rarely done), court records are public, so anyone looking up the court record would see all charges and filings in the case.

Can separate charges be combined into one charge, after a verdict has been on two separate charges?

Looking at your other open questions to previous experts on this matter, it seems like this is a rather involved issue and I don't believe I am the most qualified person to address all of your concerns. I am going to opt out and open this up to other experts who may be better able to help you.

Thanks
Do you think you can tell me how a record is sealed?
Criminal Lawyer: Jonathan Holson, Criminal Defense Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Jonathan Holson
Jonathan Holson, Criminal Defense Lawyer

The process you are talking about for getting records sealed is generally referred to expungement. There is a process in most states to have this done although there are generally waiting periods and application fees.