Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

On a friday my friend was attacked and knocked out as

Customer Question
someone tried to steal my...
on a friday my friend was attacked and knocked out as someone tried to steal my 2017 Toyota, woke up to cops banging on the door in an alley, gave him a ticket for driving without a license left him there alone all confused as to where the other people were and how he got there. the cops informed him since they didnt see anything they cant pursue and investigation and if he does call it in there isnt much to do... fast forward to one week we been trying to figure out if we are gonna have to fix the car which is over 2k in damage but then multiple people have suggested that we need to report it to the insurance as a hit and run. insurance said to file a report with the police so i did and said it was parked and resulted in a hit and run. then after doing my statement with the adjuster telling him that my car was parked and found it with the damage. After i finished my statement which was recorded, he stopped recording and said that someone had called in to report that i had hit their car as a hit and run... but my insurance did not notify me of this until a two weeks later when i did my statement. what is going to happen now or what do i need to do since now there are two reports of hit and run and the insurance is trying to figure out who did what.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/21/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 3 months ago
Michael Bradley

do you have any evidence that your vehicle was a part of a hit and run as opposed to being the victim of a hit and run?

no i do not, did not get to see who hit the car
i cant, i'm multitasking between work and this
can you please help me with my question
Criminal Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 3 months ago

I would strongly suggest that you get a copy of that police report

I would question the legitimacy of the report