Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

There is a pfa against me and dr.phil's producer wants to…

Customer Question
there is a pfa against...
there is a pfa against me and dr.phil's producer wants to ask the other party if they are willing to appear on the show but will i be held in criminal contempt if they communicate with the other party and ask if hes willing to appear?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/20/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

You may not communicate directly with the other party. The TV show producer can communicate with them. That will not be a violation of your PFA order.

BUT before you appear on the show make sure that the show obtains a wiver from the other party that will allow you to appear on the show with them. The show producer should already be ding this, but tell them you need them to obtain it if they want you both on the show.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald