Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I got arrested last night and released with detention

certificate (under PC 851.6) in...
I got arrested last night and released with detention certificate (under PC 851.6) in California , will charges be filed? TThe certificate says it was a detention only, not an arrest.What should i do now?
3/20/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

A detention is not an arrest, it is the lowest form of police action that can be taken. It does not go on your criminal record and it does not have to be disclosed if you are asked if you are arrested. They will not be coming to arrest you, the matter is over upon your release.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Thank you very much for the reply , I should not be worried right ? Should i contact any criminal lawyer near me ? i am very scared .

Thank you for your reply.

There is nothing for you to contact a criminal lawyer about. The case is closed and nothing more for you to worry about. Just move on with your life and do not repeat the same offense and you will be fine.

Since i am not finger printed and also detention certificate clearly says it's not an arrest , only detention. will this reported to FBI?

Thank you for your reply.

No it will not be reported to the FBI or even state police.

ok, Thanks a lot !

You're welcome