Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

What's the likely outcome for 1st offense 1st degree

What's the likely outcome...

What's the likely outcome for 1st offense 1st degree misdemeanor illegal dumping (in a commercial dumpster) in florida?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

No charges filed but what if they are?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have they talked to a FL lawyer about this yet?

No

3/20/2018
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Here's the Florida statute. As you can see from the subsections, the seriousness of the crime depends upon the amount that you illegally dump.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0400-0499/0403/Sections/0403.413.html

This can be an infraction, which would most likely result in a fine, or it could be a felony, in which probation with fines would probably be your worst case scenario.

Zoey_ JD
over 15lbs but under 500 lbs
class 1 misdemeanor
Phone call session started

Will call you in a few minutes.