Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I'm in Illinois. I am a connected sex offender. I committed…

Customer Question
Hi I'm in Illinois...

Hi I'm in Illinois. I am a connected sex offender. I committed my crime was 14. I'm on parole. I need to find a new place to live and I was wondering if the landlord doesn't do background checks do I have to notify them and let my parole officer talk to them?

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you convicted of exactly? Have all your appeals been exhausted?

Incest with child. Yes my appeals have been exhausted

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to an IL lawyer about this yet?

No I haven't.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, thank you

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
My apartment is within the buffer zone.
3/20/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 3 months ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Parole terms generally require for the person released on parole to inform and landlords, employees, etc...of the fact that the person on parole and is a registered sex offender.

To be sure, it would be a good idea to ask parole officer this question as well.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and good luck!

Criminal Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 2 months ago

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

Thank you.

Thank you