Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Situation was that a family members sister was given

Customer Question
Situation was that a...

Situation was that a family members sister was given evidence of drug use, abuse, and neglect by her brother upon his children. Can she be considered an accessory to the continued and ongoing abuses for not reporting it?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

No, nothing at this point.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are they in?

This all occurred in CO. She lives in FL now, and her brother recently passed away.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/20/2018
Criminal Lawyer: PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about this situation.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

Response: No, because the sister is not a "mandatory reporter," such as doctors, nurses, teachers, counselors, and therapists. She is not required by law to report the incidents. For more information on mandatory reporters, click here.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.