Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

The police arrested my husband for an outstanding ticket,

Customer Question
The police arrested my...

The police arrested my husband for an outstanding ticket, they are holding him to a facility because we'have been pulled over by the police in their jurisdiction, but the charges are from another facility.

Lawyer's Assistant: What was your husband charged with exactly? Are there any upcoming court dates?

Didn't show up in court

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They are not transferring him so I can pay the bond to release him. they are not giving me any information

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/19/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 4 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Is the warrant that's holding him for another Georgia case, or is his hold an out-of-state hold? How long has he been held without a transfer?

No the warrant is with the city of Atlanta where he is supposed to be transferred, but he is been pulled over in another county and that’s why they are holding him there. But without the transfer I can’t pay the bond.

You can get lawyer in Atlanta to notify the prosecutor that he's in jail in another county and to do an order to produce him in the Atlanta court. Once there, they'd set bail on him and you can bail him out. Otherwise, if there's also a case where he is, they can hold him until his case is finished.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.