Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

How do you go about asking for Parole conditions to be

Customer Question
How do you go...

How do you go about asking for Parole conditions to be amended? My husband is not supposed to speak to me. We have two children. Had a minor domestic incident almost ten years ago

Lawyer's Assistant: What was the conviction for exactly? Have all appeals been exhausted?

Never appealed - convictions were for burglary and larcenty (multiple counts) server concurrently. Parole board said no contact without Parole officer consent. Parole officer said he will never grant because it is too much risk for him to take on. Even though conviction wasnt for the domestic he was on probation for it when he got the other charges so they said that everything was lumped together. we never appealed he was a substance abuser. He has been clean for 8 years and only out of jail since June. Released from halfway house in Sept

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Connectyicut ****Connecticut

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just how to get this condition dropped

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/19/2018
Criminal Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Law Professor replied 3 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Law Professor

You need to file a motion wiht the court in Connecticut to change the probation order. The judge has discretion to do this and the parole officer has no say if the judge changes the order. If both you and your husband agree on terms and can stipulate terms to the court, the judge will basically approve it if you both appear and tell the judge you want the change. It will be rubber stamped by the court if you both request it and appear in court to tell that to the judge.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.