Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have a question. No charges have been filed. I just got a…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a question

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

No charges have been filed. I just got a voicemail from the police saying there is charges pressed on my name and asked me to contact them. all I did before was text a hooker but I never met her. I did it just for playing. I'm not sure if it's for that. should I call the cops and explain?

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I also go to school in west virginia. I also texted a hooker in west virginia also but never met her. that was also for just playing to see how far it goes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 4 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. You have no legal obligation to call anyone back and you need to be careful and verify, that this is the police and not the person trying to scam you. You can call back and ask what this is in regard to and if they ask for money, you 100% know it is a scam. You do not have to admit to anything and the mere texting alone would not be enough, so it all depends on what was said and why this person would go to the police ( which is odd), if they are involved in criminal acts as well.

I'm thinking the police may be tracked my phone call and text to the hooker which I have never saw. I did it for playing just over the phone. the voice mail says, "you'll be taking under custody by the local cops, there are 4 serious allegations pressed under you name, we would request you to get back to us so we can discuss about this case before taking any legal actions against you."

I would call them back and see what they say without admitting to anything. Let them do all the talking. I think it is odd if the police were tracking your phone, so this may be a scam. When you call them, if they ask for money or to pay a fine over the phone, it is 100% a scam. You can also ask the department that they are with and their name and hang up and call the department back from the number you find online and ask to speak with this person, in case they are impersonating someone.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!