Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My son was accused of shoplifting in a Walmart in Clinton…

Customer Question
My son was accused...

My son was accused of shoplifting in a Walmart in Clinton Mississippi. He was accused for stealing a large item that was paid for before leaving the self checkout isle. When in court we noticed the system of Assembly Line Justice in action. How can we find proper representation in Mississippi

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

Yes, both civil and criminal, while in court we got a new court date on April 18, 2018.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has he talked to a MS lawyer about this yet?

We had a public defender in court, but have not been able to contact him since. We were not given the opportunity to see any evidence of what he was accused of.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that it is both a civil and criminal case against him and he maintains his innocence.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/19/2018
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 4 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. If it was paid for, was there not a receipt obtained or video of this, if it was at Walmart?

We were not given the option to view the video and I thought it was 5.00 for the first response my card was charged 31.00?

The site does charge a deposit and there is an additional cost. Customer service can assist with any questions.