Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Im a nurse and was recently ticketed for a class c theft…

Customer Question
Hello this is Pamela...

Hello this is Pamela im a nurse and was recently ticketed for a class c theft misdemeanor. my question is will this show on background checks

Lawyer's Assistant: Have theft charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

Well the ticket says court date is the 3/30/18

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the theft occur?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, that is all

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/19/2018
Criminal Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

It should...that is, if you were charged with a crime, I would expect the police entered you into the NCIC (the FBI criminal database). This would mean that if someone ran a background check, your name would show up

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

even if I wasn't finger printed? just ticketed

I understand. And is is possible that they did not put you in NCIC? Sure. But it is a crime...and my experience is that police will upload all crime info to NCIC

YOu can request a copy of your FBI file to check...there is no cost, and it would tell you if there is an FBI file or not