Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

If the booking date for my arrest is wrong for a dui case…

Customer Question
If the booking date...

If the booking date for my arrest is wrong for a dui case can that help me??

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the DUI charges?

April 2 is my first court date.

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the DUI occur?

Florida

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/19/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Nate, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Nate, Lawyer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Clerical type errors are not typically helpful in criminal cases. Whatever it happens to be, whether there is a clerical error or not, has no bearing on how your case will be resolved. So, in short, unless the arrest date is a necessary part of the crime committed and whether it can be prosecuted (in this case, it's not) it doesn't do any good. Instead, your lawyer should focus on the process of the arrest itself and any facts surrounding the case that may aid in your defense.

Nate, Lawyer