Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Is there a way to find out if they plan on charging me

Customer Question
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/18/2018
Criminal Lawyer: James Daloisio, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
James Daloisio

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer.

Usually, the answer to your question is "no." But you haven't given me any facts. For example, have you already been arrested for something, or is it still in the investigation stage? When you say "charging," do you mean will they arrest you, or do you mean will the district attorney file a criminal case against you?

Sometimes you can communicate with the investigator and he/she can give you a pretty good idea if there will be a prosecution; it depends on the investigator and also the nature of the case. Sometimes they cannot speak about an ongoing investigation at all.

If you would like to provide more details perhaps I can give you some guidance.

Ely, Counselor at Law