Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My son (who has NEVER been in trouble) went to Michigan to…

Customer Question
My son (who has...

My son (who has NEVER been in trouble) went to Michigan to help someone replace a motor in his car. Unbeknownst to my son, this individual had a vape -pipe that he left in my son's car.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

The Indiana police pulled him over (because a headlight was out). He asked if he could search the car, and my son said yes - he had nothing to hide. The cop found this vape pipe in the back and said hashish oil had been in it. He wrote a ticket and my son has to go to court. They are supposed to mail the citation.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has he talked to a MI lawyer about this yet?

It happened in Indiana, an no, he hasn't talked to anyone yet - it happened on his way home to Ohio late last night.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Other than our son has NEVER been in trouble, doesn't smoke, do any type of drug, or drink and is willing to take a lie detector test.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/17/2018
Criminal Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

It is a fine here up to $10k for the paraphernalia.He may want to consider a lawyer here.They aren't going to let him lie detector.It was in his car and no one else was in it.A lawyer might get him deferred adjudication or drug counseling in lieu of fine.

Reference

http://studentaffairs.iupui.edu/doc/health-wellness/counseling-psychology/aod-laws.pdf

He can see what they offer as a plea deal and then decide if he needs a lawyer.

I appreciate the chance to help you and prayers to your son.If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer