Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

We have a friend in jail who has awaiting trial, And we want…

Good morning Lawyer's Assistant:...

Good morning

Lawyer's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

We have a friend in jail who has awaiting trial

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

And we want to know his charges

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

California los angeles

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No all we want to know what charges he has

3/17/2018
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

He is in los angeles
Arrested on 3/12/2018
Walter velasquez
Felony
Booking(###) ###-####Case BA46631101

We don't have access to the state or the court's databases.

The charges are a matter of public record, however.. If you call the court where he is to appear and ask the clerk what he's charged with, he should give you that information and tell you what his court date is.

Until the court opens on Monday you can try the inmate locator. They may have the information.

https://www.searchquarry.com/state-inmate-finder/california-inmate-finder/

Okay

For that matter, the police may be willing to tell you if you know where he was picked up and originally held.

Ok thank you

You're very welcome.

Zoey_ JD