Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Can a person get a passport if a registered sex offender.

Can a person get...

Can a person get a passport if a registered sex offender

Lawyer's Assistant: Have sex offense charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the sex offense occur?

Arizona

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Yes. A registered sex offender can still get a passport. However a law was passed back in October that your passport will be required to display the fact that you're a registered offender by giving you a unique identifier. Because of that, you're not eligible for a passport card, but you can have a regular passport.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/passports/passports-and-international-megans-law.html

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks

You're very welcome.

I strive for 5-star service. If I have addressed all of your concerns, please take the time to rate my service to you by selecting 5 stars on the rating scale, as a rating of okay or better is the only way that JustAnswer will give us Experts credit for our work. You would still be able to post further follow-ups on this question thread about this for no additional cost, even after I've been rated.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD