Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have court on Monday in circuit Court. I just got a plea…

I have court on...

I have court on Monday in circuit Court. I just got a plea Thursday of last week. The attorney tells me if I don't accept the plea then I can't get a bench trial. If I ask for a jury trial either way the judge will revoke my bond. How is right I feel like I'm being bullied into the plea. Isn't my right to ask for trial.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

Monday morning

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Virginia

3/17/2018
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Ok thank you

It is your right to ask for trial here.The judge will not revoke your bond because you do so.If jail time is involved you should ask for a court appointed lawyer.If you don't like the offer here don't cave you have this right.I see no reason they would revoke bond if you have been good while you are out of jail.The attorney is just trying to mess with you .

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Evaadently a lot of people have been not accepting the plea so they don't have to get more time before court

If you don't like the offer here dig in and take your chances at trial.

Prayers to you I hope it goes well.Thanks for rating 5 stars.

Thank you.

You are so welcome.Thanks for rating.Stars at top.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer