Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I'm messaging you again. Since you know more about my

Hey, I'm messaging you again...
Hey, I'm messaging you again. Since you know more about my situation than anyone. It's been six weeks and nothing , nor no one has contacted me about the site. Do you think I'm safe? In your experience.
3/17/2018
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Yes, I think if six weeks have passed and there has been no contact and you have no longer gone to these sites, it would appear that you have less and less to be worried about. Like I shared, if the police were tracking you or involved, they likely would have acted by now or executed a search warrant of the home and computer.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I've been reading and learned that cops don't always need a warrant to arrest me in my home, nor do they always need a warrant to search. Now I made up this scenario in my head and it might be solid, so I beg of you to consider it, and help me by being as honest as possible. What if both 911 calls were made up to go in my house and arrest me? Because would not that be an exigent circumstance? They have probable cause, so they enter, and come to arrest me. But used a 911 call as a rouse to enter and get consent.

No, I do not believe this would amount to that. That would be a situation whereby they know you have evidence and can destroy it or if there is an emergency that would allow them to enter. In this case, they would need a search warrant or permission to enter and search.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
But could cops do that, want to enter a home but have no warrant, but they want consent. So they make this up to get it?
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Cause exigent circumstance also is in place if they fear of escape

They could if they wanted to lie but they would still need a basis to seize the computer.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I know and when they came in the first time I was showering, and was unaware of their presence until I hopped out the shower. And my mom told me, and I guess if they were trying to arrest me they could've asked my mom to knock on the door and get out. I'm just paranoid,. I'm scared that they do have probable cause come in and arrest me.

I stand behind my previous answer and do not believe so, at this time and based on how much time has passed.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
What's your experience on this crime, how long does it usually take for a cop or somebody to make an arrest for cp? In your experience.

They would have done so by now, as I believe well over a month has passed and they would have the evidence they want and need for an arrest warrant and for charges to be filed.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Listen, once again I can't thank you enough. I know I must be difficult, I know. And I don't promise to not message you again, I promise to try to get better with my anxiety. I just read about exigency and thought that cops would do that, especially since they came twice. I'm scared , it's weird.

You are welcome.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
But for the sake of being thorough. Do you think my scenario has ground, could this be the reason why? I'm in the clear?
I don’t think so to be honest
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
You don't think that I'm in the clear ? Or that my scenario is solid?
I think you should be in the clear at this point unless you are still going on sites that you should not be on
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Ok, well let's see if I have my ducks in a row. Lemme see if I got it right, you can help me fill in the blanks if necessary. In order for an arrest to be made,an officer would need probable cause, which he can act on it without a warrant. Under exigent circumstance. So if he knocks on my door and I'm not home, but because he can link my ip address to my home he has probable cause and then he can get a warrant and come arrest me, right? But if he would do it again ,it can lead me to be suspicious and run away ( which then there's no point of having the exigent circumstance.) So basically if the cops found wind of me on an illegal site, that is automatically probable cause and instead of dragging the case along with a fake 911 call, they can just get a warrant to arrest me.is that what you were trying to say?
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Not to mention that the first time I was home, but just in the shower and if they were trying to look for me and arrest me, they would've either waited for me to get off or asked me to get off.
If they wanted to arrest you they would need an arrest warrant and it would be based upon their investigating of you and gathering of evidence.
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
how would they investigate me? Wouldn't my ip address being linked to the illegal site be enough to be probable cause ?
then they may try and track you and see what is going on
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
really , if I'm not misunderstanding what you're saying. That I'm still being investigated and not in the clear?
It is impossible to say. As I shared prior I think if they wanted to arrest and charge you they would have already.
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Ok, but if you think that, I should trust you as a professional.
You are welcome and my
Pleasure. Have a good evening.
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
But you did say that you strongly believe if they wanted to, they would've already arrested me or talked to me
I believe so
CrimDefense
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty