Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I am on probation and my probation officers entered my room…

Customer Question
I am on probation...

I am on probation and my probation officers entered my room illegally when I wasn't there without a warrant or probable cause and I have two eyewitnesses to it. Is this a civil rights violation?

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you convicted of exactly? Have all your appeals been exhausted?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Texas

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 4 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good evening. No, it likely would not be. I say this because while on probation, they can enter the home and search it without a warrant. They do not need permission if they want to arrive and enter and search it, to make sure you are in compliance with the terms and conditions of your probation. Normally, a warrant or consent is needed to enter a residency and search it but that same requirement is not needed when probation is checking on someone who is under the supervision of the State.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!