Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

About 10 months ago I got pulled over with a friend I going…

Customer Question
About 10 months ago...

About 10 months ago I got pulled over with a friend I going to Duchenne I will was the passenger. We got pulled over for going 5 miles over the speed limit, 70 in a 65. The cop search the car and found it I have drugs of some sort and paraphernalia. None none of which was mine. However, I am getting charged with possession and paraphernalia. Since then I hired a private attorney who has done nothing to get this car dismissed. It shouldn’t be hard to do . Do to the fact it wasn’t my car, I wasn’t driving, and it wasn’t my stuff. I have driven to Douchesne 10 x and I’m scheduled to be there at 9:00 on Monday. I don’t want to pay my current attorney the 2nd half of the retainer because he has literally done nothing. I’m tempted to tan the charged (misdemeanors) with no fees, probation, community service if @ all possible. Simply because I’m very, very, tired of going there.

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you convicted of exactly? Have all your appeals been exhausted?

I haven’t been convicted a

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Utah

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just don’t know how to proceed. It needs to be wrapped up

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 4 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Are you ready for trial? I ask because if it has been 10 months and you keep going back, what is preventing your attorney from setting this for trial?