Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

If a PI is tracking someone else for adultry, and in their…

Customer Question
If a PI is...

If a PI is tracking someone else for adultry, and in their time of following said person, attempts to put a tracker on my vehicle, parked in my drive way, but does not because of security cameras installed on my home. I obtained a copy of their report admitting to attempting to put a device on my car in my driveway. is their grounds for a case against the PI firm?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

She is in the mediation stage court was set for 12 March but cancelled for mediation between lawyers

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

GA

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Don't think so..just wondering if an attempt to invade my privacy warrant hiring an attorney

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/16/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Lawyer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

Yes, if you have evidence of the fact that the PI attempted to put a tracker on your car you can both sue the PI company civilly and file a police report - after which the prosecutor would decide if they want to charge the PI criminally. Frankly, that's a gross invasion of privacy, if it can be proven that this is what the PI was doing. Please let me know if I've answered your question. If I have answered your question, if you wouldn't mind, could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. If you have any follow up questions I would be *happy* to answer them. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you - otherwise I get no credit at all. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Lawyer