Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My girlfriend is in county jail on a pv. Had done time

Customer Question
My girlfriend is in...

My girlfriend is in Douglas county jail on a pv. Had done time November 2017 for not checking in with P.O. did time. Was home in Seaside Or. When picked up by cop & taken to county. County told cop she was clean. Now her P.O. said she needed to get to Roseburg Ir. To see her. No job lost due to beinglocjed up. No way to get the*****done. missed deadline to see P.O. warrant issued. Picked up mar 8th. Now P.O. is sending her to a new P.O. & saying she will have to stay in Douglas county. Her apartment is in Seaside Or. Friends there job prospects there. Stayed out of trouble for over a year there. If kept in Douglas county probably will reoffend. How can she get her parole sent to Seaside Or? Where she will get a job & be an upstanding citizen again?

Lawyer's Assistant: What was the conviction for exactly? Have all appeals been exhausted?

In 2011 she borrowed a friends car. Didn’t bring it back at expected time. Got arrested for that. A felony. Has had a public defender from Roseburg Or. By the name of Eric so I don’t know exactly what he’s done about appeals

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Oregon

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not sure

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
I haven’t received an answer
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 day by:
3/17/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Wendy, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Wendy
Wendy, Moderator
I'm a moderator for this website. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Wendy
I’d love an answer! Thank you I’m ready to cancel my membership & request money back
Why is my question closed? I haven’t received an answer?!
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I know you say she has no money, but the only way to fix this problem is she needs an attorney to file in the court where she was convicted and to ask the judge of that court to allow her probation transferred to Seaside, OR. Unless the judge issues such an order, the parole/probation officer is going to continue doing this to your GF and she is going to continue to have these issues.

So, she needs to get an attorney in Roseburg, OR to file in court to ask the court o move her to Seaside for completion of her probation/parole period and that is the only other option she has legally I am sorry to say.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.