Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Is it a conflict of interest for a lead investigator of a…

Is it a conflict...

Is it a conflict of interest for a lead investigator of a crime to investigate a crime when he/she is related to the victim?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

Yes. Court date for pre trial hearing on April 4th.

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't know.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
INFOLAWYER, Lawyer
Normally such a person will not be assigned or would be reassigned as to close to the matter and judgment could be impaired and indeed have a conflict of interest. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Great. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
INFOLAWYER, Lawyer